RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandy Rzetelny <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 08:58:18 EST
In a message dated 3/23/99 2:24:46 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

Alan says
 >If a
 >person said he had suffered from, say, acne for a period of 15
 >years and suddenly started eating bananas in addition to his
 >normal diet and the condition disappeared almost overnight,
 >what would you (or anybody else) say? I would love to hear the
 >answers to that one.

 In my case I had acne for at least 35 years. I tried everything imaginable,
but nothing worked. The NH diet seemed like a miracle and worked practically
overnight to totally cure it. Now my skin looks great (except for aging and
scarring).

But even though I have to agree that a total raw food mostly fruitarian vegan
diet cured my acne as well as many other symptoms/syndromes I had, I still
can't conclude that it *works for me.* It has brought on signs of deficiencies
in its own right, like dry skin and poor muscle tone, which started to come
about as soon as I went all raw vegan 4 years ago.

So for me despite that a diet may *cure* some diseases or syndromes, it doesnt
necessarily mean that it overall, or over the long term, is adequate for
you.It could mean simply that you are now avoiding foods that you were
sensitive to, or that you cleaned out on fruits but now you need to rebuild or
somesuch. I am still trying to resolve the dry skin/poor muscle tone/ flab
issue for myself.

Love
Sandy