RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ben Odom <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 1998 14:30:14 -0600
Reading all of the posts on the topic of nazi-fruitarianism reminds me very much
of the Tom Clancy book I just finished this weekend, "Rainbow Six."

The book is mainly about an undercover anti-terrorism military unit that fights
against a large terrorist group.  Essentially, the terrorist group is a bunch of
naturalists who, through many of the same attitudes mentioned in previous posts,
decide that the earth must be "cleansed" of overpopulation and the destruction
of nature.  They develop an engineered virus that will equal genocide for all of
the earth (except their small group which is vaccinated, and which will
repopulate the earth with a naturalist attitude).  The group does this
guilt-free with the reasoning that the rest of the earth is unfit to live
because of their disregard for nature.

As you can imagine, the good guys catch up with these bad guys.  In one of the
final scenes, the military unit has chased the naturalists out to their hidden,
high-tech base in the midst of the Brazilian rain forests.  Even as they are
captured, the naturalists proclaim their honorable intentions for "saving the
earth."  The commander was planning on arresting the criminals, but then they
start spouting off how all of humankind should live naturally.  Well, having
really ticked off the commander of the anti-terrorism unit, the naturalists are
stripped down naked, and their base is bombed.  Then the commander yells as he
jumps in his helicopter and leaves the naked criminals in the wilderness, "You
want to live naturally?  Now's your chance!"  Of course, the naturalists die
within a week in the dense, unforgiving jungle.

I actually did have a point to this.  I completely agree with the statements of
Tom, Kirt, and others who point out the foolishness in the hate and intolerance
that seems to flow from NFL.  I mean, we all have the right to be narrow minded.
But seriously, when a dietary regimen turns from a practice to almost a
religious/fanatical fervor, one in which hate and intolerance develops, I think
it's time to take a step back and use a little common sense.

Debate, research, and experimentation have every place in the arena of exploring
nutrition and health.  But I just simply don't see how the
scare/hate/intolerance/plagiarism tactics of NFL don't turn the stomach of
everybody, whether SAD, instincto, vegan, or fruitarian.

Regards,

Ben