RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Nov 1998 17:45:59 -1000
Gerry:
><< Mainly chronic diseases caused by a
> high protein diet, the single biggest cause of chronic diseases and premature
> aging. >>

Aaron:
>Extremely high rates of osteoperosis as well, with the Eskimoes.  They eat to
>survive long enough to procreate.

Whoa, now. This is quite overboard methinks. There's plenty (and somtimes
conflicting) research on traditional Eskimo health, but I would be curious
to see anyone concluding that the only reason they don't get cancer is
because they don't live long enough. All sorts of folks these days get
cancer well before their 4th decade, even as children--whereas the
traditional Eskimos are very largely free of cancer for as many as 6
decades. Which is also a few decades more than they need to procreate.

I'm kinda tired of everyone and their brother (ab)using the Eskimos for
their own ends. The high meat folks refer to the Eskimos; the vegetarians
refer to the Eskimos--each dawing their own conclusions. Everbody is a
frickin Eskimo expert these days. We are all absolute wimps compared to any
traditional culture, especially the Eskimos who had strength and vigor
beyond, I'd bet, anyone on this list. They also had the highest level of
hunter-gatherer technology. So I conclude that we are relatively stupid and
weak compared to traditional Eskimos. I suspect they had a much more robust
and natural life than all their supporters/detractors.

Perhaps the most telling thing about the whole Eskimo situation is how
their health deteriorates when eating modern foods.

Gerry:
>By the age of 28 they are old and broken and have lost most of their teeth.
>Tis the pity!

Show me that this is true of traditional Eskimos and I'll hunt a whale for
you. Sheesh, but folks can twist things around to whatever they wish. =:O

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft