RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 2 Nov 1998 18:57:55 -0600
J-L:

> I would be very interested if you could help find some references
> (books of journal articles) on leukocytosis (other, and more recent,
> than Kouchakoff's).

I wish I had a way to get in contact with Dr. Loomis so I could find out
more about his conclusions regarding Leukocytosis.

> Also, would you happen to have references on food enzymes research
> (journal articles or books that are more recent than Howell's)

I may have some journal articles somewhere. There are some newer enzymes
books out...One of them I've seen info on regarding oral enzymes written
by three medical school professors, entitled "Enzymes - The Fountain of
Life", by D.A. Lopez, M.D., R.M. Williams, M.D., Ph.D., and K. Miehlke,
M.D. -- (1994), Charleston, SC: The Neville Press, Inc. ..In the
description, it states: "This authoritative book explains in plain
english the immense benefits of taking oral enzymes daily. Although the
value of enzymes was discovered by an American doctor 50 years ago (my
note: Howell), European scientists have done most of the research and
have shown that enzymes can be used to fight and prevent a multitude of
diseases from arthritis to cancer to heart disease, and etc." It notes
that over 15,000,000 people (in Europe and Japan) have been benefited by
taking supplemental oral enzymes.

I also have some quotes from many doctors & researchers who are touting
the benefits of oral enzyme supplementation and how it relates to those
with illnesses/diseases, etc... Many studies are cited, but no exact
references to journals, etc. are given.

> Moderate exercise produces less leukocytosis than heavy exercise.

Does regular walking produce leukocytosis? Walking is often touted as
the best all-around form of exercise. What is an example of moderate
exercise?

> In addition, an elevated white blood cell count can have many other
> reasons than stress. We just don't know. Also, why 200 grams of fried meat
> would cause leukocytosis, whereas 200 grams of fried meat+20 grams of
> raw meat wouldn't?

Maybe the raw meat contains enzymes which help in digestion with the
cooked, or somehow "trick" the body into thinking all the meat is raw?
Who knows...

Wes