RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Leah Calo <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 10:37:27 +0200
Alan,

Thank you for the guidelines, however, I have been following these
guidelines for years and I wanted more in-depth information.  Like are
bananas acidic or not and is it good to eat them with citrus fruit or
not? Like should tomatoes be considered as fruit or can they be used in
a salad? Etc.

I think I'm doing pretty well with it, because I have eliminated meat,
dairy and eggs from my diet - so I pretty much can't go wrong with
anything I eat.  My main concern at the moment are the quantities - I'm
finding that I am either hungry all the time or I am eating too much...
I'm looking for a happy medium, which will satisfy my pleasure in eating
and sustain my physiological nutritional needs.  I thought proper
combining might be the answer - because I don't think it's what I am
eating at the moment but rather how I am eating it.

For instance, this morning I've had 2 bananas, a pear and a small orange
(I don't know what they are called in English) and I am stuffed!!! I
feel like I'm about to explode.  I've tried cutting down to like 1-2
pieces of fruit in the morning, but then I find myself starving hungry
at 11am! Any advise???

For lunch I have a nice live salad, usually with organic whole wheat
bread (spread with avocado) with no condiments (dressing, oil, salt
etc.)

Dinner varies mostly depending on the time I get round to it.  If I
exercise (tennis/work-out) after work (sitting in an office in front of
the computer for 9-14 hours a day) I will have fruit for dinner.
Otherwise I will have rice (or some other starch) with fresh or steamed
vegetables, or soup with bread, or another salad, or bread with humous
(ground chick-peas with tahini, olive oil and garlic) and a small salad.
As a rule if I eat something cooked, it will be with a salad - this way
I don't eat as much cooked as I would if I didn't have the salad and I
feel that the vegetables help the cooked stuff go down better (?!).

I am 30 years old and have only started this way of life about 6 months
ago.  So far so good, but I have had to start taking B12 pills because 3
months ago my levels went way below normal and they wanted to give me
shots.
Any comments?

I recently got my own colema board and I strongly believe in colon
irrigation - it has really changed my life.
What are your views on this?

I didn't mean to bombard you with all of this, it sort of just came out.
I hope you (and the rest of the people on the list) don't mind.  Someone
did say a few posts ago that it would be nice (and I agree) to get a
more personal idea of what people do, and think.  I'd love to hear your
views and thoughts (I've been following your posts...)

Regards to all,
Leah