RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 24 Mar 1999 01:08:11 +0100
Hi Leah,

> Does anyone know where I can read about proper food combining - with
> examples because I'm not always sure what is starch, sweet fruit, acid
> food etc. to be sure I'm following the correct guidelines.

I'm not a food combiner any more...except that I still eat
fruit on its own..but the following should give you an
indication.

Think of carbos as sweet fruits, nuts, grains (and flour and
flour products such as bread etc.), bananas, potatoes and rice.

Think of proteins in food combining as animal proteins (like
meat, meat products, eggs, milk and cheese).

Think of neutral foods in combining as vegetables (raw or
cooked, including anything which goes to make up a raw
vegetable salad).

Think of fruits as basically citrus fruits (even though this
is not always the case of course)

Food combining means you can eat carbos with neutrals or
(animal) proteins with neutrals but never carbos and
(animal) proteins together and never fruit with
anything else.

Thus (if you still eat cooked..which I do not), always
eat fruit only for breakfast (or any other of the usual two
other meals, i.e. lunch and evening meal) and never
eat meat with potatoes or rice or bread etc. (only
with vegetables and/or salad) and only eat potatoes or
rice or bread with either veggies or raw salads.

Hope this helps. It certainly helps to loose weight
effectively (and without the yo-yo effect if you stick to
it indefinitely) but it is not a diet that I would
personally recommend for promoting health in the long
term, although certainly better than "normal" eating as
it is less energy-intensive on the digestive system
(which you will soon discover for yourself).

Best regards,

Alan