RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynton Blair <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 23 Mar 1999 13:22:16 GMT
>But since organic and conventional agriculture are about
>equally productive, the space needed to grow plants used for animal
>feeds should be approximately the same, therefore an organic pig uses
>the same space as a non-organic one, plus 20 square meters; these 20
>sq. m. add up to less than one thousandth of France's total surface.

Let's see now, back in the dark ages or sometime, the scholars of the day
were busy calculating how many Angels could dance on the head of a pin.
(That was before Line Dancing, of course).

As far as space is concerned, I am under the impression that organic methods
include resting the land every four years, so effectively one has only 3/4
of available land in production at any time.  Also, to possibly further
require more land for organic use: much animal feed is unnatural in
conventional, so extra land would be required for the proper food required
for the animal. (IMO)

Lynton