RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rex Harrill <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 18 Mar 1999 16:37:07 -0500
Sandy Rzetelny wrote:

> Is there a gardening list that discusses natural fertilizing for highest brix?

Not specifically in that context.  Remember, in the context I've been using it
here, Brix is really just one of many means to evaluate the quality of fresh
fruits or vegetables.  Things can get a bit exotic when the grower starts testing
the Brix of immature (baby) produce and making necessary changes so that the
final, mature, product is vastly superior.

However, you may want to subscribe to "Agrisynergy" on this list server.  Choosing
the right site, soil preparation, seed selection, and foliar feeding all get
discussed there at one time or another.  We also touch on somewhat unknown systems
such as biodynamics (which actually has its own list).

I don't really know the procedure, but I suspect if you sent an email to that
address and wrote "subscribe <youremailaddress> in the message body it would
either work or the listserv would give you better directions.

Anyway, they are a friendly group and quite dedicated to wholesome agriculture.  I
can honestly say you'll get straight answers to straight questions you pose to
them.

My best,
Rex Harrill