RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Wes Peterson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Nov 1998 20:38:58 -0600
Jean-Louis,

> The effect on lysine availability in meat is negligible.

Maybe, but at the expense of carcinogens/mutagens being created in the
cooking process. I've also read that certain amino acids are altered,
made less bioavailable, and/or greatly reduced in cooked proteins.

> BTW, do you know that egg whites are one of the favorite foods of
> bodybuilders? (Because that's lean protein.)

Yes, body builders use raw (whole) eggs. Raw whole eggs have the highest
biological value (protein) out of all the foods (outside of mother's
milk). So this makes sense. A whole egg contains only 4.5 grams of fat.
Mostly polyunsaturated omega 6. And raw fats are beneficial. I eat lots
of raw fats and have a lean body. Hardly any body fat at all.

> Perhaps because one doesn't like the taste of raw egg whites?

Is taste all that matters? If so, go for the pizzas and ice cream.

I've tried raw egg white and have no problem with the taste. However, I
find it more convenient to blend up what eggs I use along with flax oil
and other things. Flax oil is optimally absorbed with a source of raw
sulfurous complete protein. I find these "smoothies" to be delicious.

> Do you mean "aged meat" is an euphemism for "rotting dead animal
> body"? Do you also think "ripe fruit" is an euphemism for "rotting
> dead plant matter"?

I put the word "euphemism" in the wrong place. Sorry about that. It
occurred to me only after I sent the post...Was too late to change it.

Heaven help us if you can somehow compare luscious ripe fruit to 'aged'
meat -- carrion (dead, putrefying flesh: Webster's). As for rotting
fruit, I think I'll pass; I have some old fruit in the compost pile, and
it does not appeal to me.

Wes