RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
Date:
Tue, 2 Mar 1999 07:20:01 -1000
7bit
From:

> In a message dated 2/28/99 1:43:38 PM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
> writes:
>
> << Saying we shouldn't kill for food, is to my mind, just as perverted as
>  saying we _should_ kill our kids. Both are extreme distortions of our
>  nature IMO. Calling either a process of refining or perfecting evolution,
>  or an experiment in high morality and spirituality just makes it more
>  perverted IMO.>>

chimps who hunt and kill raw meat as part of their diet, also kill and eat
their young, that's natural. this is the natural heritage that instinctos are
promoting in a sense. it seems the basic argument is that if it worked in the
past, and we were more healthy than we are now, it must be the way, no need
for improvement. i see value in studying their diet and lifestyle for patterns
and clues to healthy living but see many limitations that i suspect even the
raw meat instinctos would have difficulty with. chimps also eat their own
shit. who knows, i think they claim it has acidophilus type bacteria that are
maintained for digestion. elephants also eat their shit. i'm not promoting it,
just find it fasinating. might provide a balanced diet for the urine
therapists.:-)

as i said in an earlier post, refinement and evolution are available to those
who are interested and may involve refinements in compassion and diet. it may
also involve studying our ancient heritage. it appears that many are content
with limitations, that's fine, business as usual is in my mind part of why
this world is on the brink of ecological collapse. the world in paleo days was
less populated and therefore may not be a working model for the future. our
attemps at refinement and evolution may have flaws and pitfalls, but without
some change i don't see us surviving in mass much longer. as environments
change, so do the plants and animals that inhabit them, that's evolution and
adaption. those that don't change often don't survive.

this post has brought up a few questions in my mind kirt. do you feel humans
are capable of evolution or change? are you convinced that expanding human
compassion to include more is a stupid mistake or waste of time? do you
believe in compassion at all and where do you draw the line with compassion
for life? do you have any inklings of a possible spirit world? if you do, how
would you define it? if you don't does that rule it out completely? have you
ever had a personal experience that you couldn't explain in cave man terms? do
you believe or have you ever experienced a syncronistic event? why do you
spose cave men developed religion while other animals seem to be content
without one, are we simply more stupid? how do you see humans as different
from animals? do you feel your diet is now perfected and that the rest of your
life you will eat that way? do you always feel in good health on your current
diet? is your family life free from stress and disagreement? do you believe
that man is the ruler of family, if so what is your feeling on women's lib
movement?