From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Oct 1998 10:35:38 -0800
Hi Rick,

>Susan,  this indictment of soy is heavy indeed and I wonder if the source you
>are citing is peer reviewed and statistically valid.

The articles are in the Price Pottenger magazine: Health and Healing Wisdom
Fall 1998:
Soy Isoflavones: Panacea or Poison by Mike Fitzpatrick Phd, MNZIC
and
Possible Effects of Phytoestrogens in Soy Infant Formula

 I ask this because there
>has been a lot of positive press as to the benefits of soy in mollifying
>menopausal effects.
The soy companies put out this information.

Another good book with alot about soy products:
Young Again by John Thomas ISBN 1-884757-77-4

I have read quite abit on the net too doing a soy search.
-especially articles written by Sally Fallon and Mary Enig

>have seen Price Pottenger cited occasionally on this list and wonder if you
>can  comment on the character of the information it puts out.
Very top drawer!!

All the best,
Susan