From:
Todd Moody <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 07:43:58 -0500
On Thu, 22 Oct 1998 22:47:27 -0600, Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Hi all,
>I wonder if I could get your help? My grandson, now 3 months old, can't
>tolerate milk, so he is on soy formula. Unfortunately, he is showing some
>evidence of reacting to that too. I have recently heard that there is such
>a thing as a meat-based formula, but I can't find any information on it.
>
>If you have any information on this, I would appreciate it.

Ron, my father could not tolerate milk, including human breast
milk, and nearly died as a result.  They ended up giving him a
formula made from beef blood, and that worked out.
Unfortunately, I can't give you more details, since his mother
died years ago, and this was back in 1924.  He only knows about
it because he was often told later in life about having to drink
blood as a baby.

Todd Moody