BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Laura Demko <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 22 Oct 1998 11:26:47 PDT
In a message dated 10/18/98 6:50:07 AM, [log in to unmask] wrote:

><<why do I feel I have to be defensive?>>

Okay, I have to add my 1 cent worth here.

A formal education is invaluable and can lead to many wonderful
opportunities. But in addition to imparting knowledge, one of the
objectives of formal education is to foster a life-long love of
learning.  Many people forget that after they have their sheepskin.
Some people innately have the gift of intellectual curiosity which leads
to life-long learning--and that treasure is not one that can be easily
taught.  So if you have the gift, don't ever discount it because it is
precious and rare and in the end it amounts to more than a degree with
no further intellectual endeavors.

And a lesson from the animal world--the pedigreed pooches ain't
necessarily the smartest pups in the park.

Laura D.