BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Sat, 3 Oct 1998 12:05:47 -0700
John Callan wrote:

> I of course always arrive on time, my contractors and
> consultants are always well prepared, the work is always ahead of schedule,
> there are never any shortages, delays or surprises, and someone always brings
> great coffee, donuts and fresh strawberries.

John,

This has to be fiction. I never know what to be prepared for -- poor communication
rules and nobody knows what they want you to prepare for and when you do prepare
they tell you it is all wrong. The work is rarely ahead of schedule 'cause the
minute you make a schedule you are behind, or someone tells you the realistic
schedule is unacceptable. Shortages plague the day, like the guy that had a heart
attack this last week and could not deliver the stainless steel fabrications. All
I ever get are surprises, nobody takes the time to tell me nothing is happening.
Nobody brings great refreshments, and if they did, I can't eat them.
--
][<en Follett
SOS Gab & Eti -- http://www.geocities.com/~orgrease