BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 2 Oct 1998 16:02:30 -0400
>In a message dated 10/1/98 5:30:27 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask]
>writes:
>
>> You mean to tell me that we now need a tertiary alternative to the
>>  alternative to the serious list?
>
>I'm too tired to figure this one out.

Figure which one out?  Why you are being lambasted by people without
cartilage in their elbows, or why I am asking why we need a less
freewheeling alternative to B-P, which is the more freewheeling alternative
to P-L?

TER TI AR Y  -adj.
1. Third in place, order, degree, or rank.
2. Of, relating to, or designating the short flight feathers nearest the
body on the rear edge of a bird's wing.
3. Chemistry. a. Of or relating to salts of acids containing three
replaceable hydrogen atoms. b. Of or relating to organic compounds in which
a group, such as an alcohol or amine, is bound to three nonelementary
radicals.
4. Tertiary. Geology. Of, belonging to, or being the geologic time, system
of rocks, and sedimentary deposits of the first period of the Cenozoic Era,
extending from the Cretaceous Period of the Mesozoic Era to the Quaternary
Period of the Cenozoic Era, characterized by the appearance of modern flora
and of apes and other large mammals.

PTER TI AR Y -alternate spelling
5. Ptertiary. Zoological Engineering Relics.  A remarkably large and
well-preserved domed structure with glazing or screening designed to
contain for display historic remnant Pterodactyls belonging to, or being
the geologic time of, the first period of the Cenozoic Era.  Extremely
rare, only one figment is believed to remain in existence.

Dan Becker,  Executive Director       "Conformists die, but
Raleigh Historic                                 heretics live on forever"
Districts Commission                                   -- Elbert Hubbard