BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Thu, 28 Jan 1999 17:09:32 EST
In a message dated 1/28/99 9:16:30 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

>  I happen to like BP the best because its quirky.

Quirky? One evening on the way home on the LIRR I bought a hotdog at the
Jamaica Station, with that weird NY onion mix, and was wondering if a person
could think themselves into insanity. It must have been a rough day. At that
instant I bit down on the hotdog and concurrently pinched a nerve in my face.
The result was bell's palsey. One half of my face smiled while the other half
drooped. Laughing was somewhat disturbing.

One day the police came to pay a social call at our office, it was part of
their effort to learn about the community. I guess I'm part of the community.
I was the only one in the office so I had to deal with them. I wondered the
whole time if they might think I was tripping. After that I had to give a
little speech at their house. They wanted to know how to prevent the locals
from putting graffiti on their masonry building. I suggested an armed guard
would be more effective than a coating. They have not asked me back, then
again, I have not been arrested lately.

It took about three months of wondering if my face would always be sardonic
before the nerve healed. Since then I have been timid to think about quirky
things. I also advise taking the I-Ching seriously.

][<en