From:
Amadeus Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Oct 1998 10:42:38 -0400
On Wed, 21 Oct 1998 06:24:26 -0400, Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>To me Amadeus is a troll that gets his intellectual kicks out of hassling
>meat eaters and trying to convert them to his way of eating.

I'd like to thank the many positive and objective replies to the
"troll" posting. I'm glad to see that there is still a forum interested in
discussion on paleolithic topics instead of discussing my own personal
preferrances. And I'm glad to meet people with a broad knowledge on
special topics where my own interests presently focus.

After my "outing" as one disliking meat, i sometimes found the discussion
drifting away from the topic i wanted to discuss, towards vegetarianism.

I *don't* wan
t to convert anyone to anything, at least not to vegetarianism.
I hate a proselytizing attitude.
Moreover Rudolf Steiner (whom i do read) states that vegetarianism is not
possible or recommendable for everyone.

I *am* thinking about my own style of natural nutrition that is based on
the completeness and adequacy on all essential stuffs the whole food,
taking the availability and quality in paleolithic times as a standard or model.

Considering not only the coldest periods of ice-age,
but all determining anchestral time-periods, with an increasing weighting on
the more recent times (disregarding the last 100 years).

Please do not feel offended if i do have several objections again meat
in certain qualities and aspects. If you *are* relying on it,
then i think it should be your interest to discuss all aspects of it,
also the negative ones to choose the rhight ones.
The result will never be "don't ea
t meat" or "eat only meat",
the result may be advantages and disadvantages of several forms of behaviour.
I know that meat has it advantages, and i experienced it myself.
Especially people with allergy problems on other protein-donating food items
like grains or dairy (and these are quite a lot) may do best with meat.
In addition, people replacing a nutrition of refined food
"conventional western" by much meat will IMO improve,
even on less adequate qualities of meat.

Eating various kinds of meat is a historical evident fact for humanity.
That means that vegetarianism is a special pathway.
Speaking about the historical and the healthiest percentages and
about quality is annother thing.

Besides that,I hope to get much more interesting results
or nutrition guidelines by modeling paleolithic times with
present food items.
As long as we're open deal with topics and aspects that may even
contradi
ct our views on the first sight.

regards

Amadeus