From:
Dale Frazee <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Feb 1998 20:50:52 -0800
Hi Nick,

    From my personal experience dealing with IDE CDRs, you will have better
performance by assigning it as a master.  Also, unless you need to make
direct copies of CDs, an IDE CDR does the trick.  Just remember to have 650
MB free for your ISO image.  I own a Mitsumi 2x6, and have no complaints.
As for the SCSI adapter, yes you can have an additional one along with the
proprietary adapter for your scanner.  But, if you decide to go the SCSI
route, use your new adapter for both the CDR and scanner and save yourself
an expansion slot and an IRQ.

Dale Frazee