BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dan Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 15:26:34 -0500
____________________________________

Dan Becker, Exec. Dir., RHDC
Raleigh Historic Districts Commission

-----Original Message-----
From:   Ken Follett [SMTP:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   December 18, 1998 1:57 PM
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: Don't knock the stamps!

In a message dated 12/18/98 8:08:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Also on Capitol Square is the NHL Christ Episcopal Church, 1854, by =
>  Richard Upjohn, deliberately retained by the diocese to make an =
>  impression and to lift the state of ecclesiastical architectural affairs =
>  to a higher plane.

Is this the elegant spire built of the brown stone? If so, we were curious of
where the stone came from and if it was local quarried?

Indeed it is.  I will have to look into the question as to the source of the stone.
Dan Becker,  Executive Director            "What's this? Fan mail
Raleigh Historic                                     from some flounder?"
Districts Commission                             - Bullwinkle J. Moose