CELIAC-DIABETES Archives

Celiac-Diabetes Support List

CELIAC-DIABETES@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Pam Nylander <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 20:54:09 -0500

Dear Listmates:

Just to let you know that Brittany (cel/dm) and I had a great time on
our vacation in Colorado. The altitude did not affect her bg's much and
I only had to adjust her insulin by lowering it 1-2 units.  We were very
lucky with service in restaurants - always food rec'd in 10 min.
Brittany gave herself shots in the restaurants (this was a first for her
in public). Another hurdle leaped.

Brittany had her first HbA1c - 6.8%. My question is that the chart
correlations to bg's averages appear higher to me at 6.8% than what we
have been seeing on the glucometer. Please enlighten me - I am new at
this. Which is more accurate the HbA1c or the glucometer or is there a
range of accuracy (inaccuracy)?

Pam