BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ken Follett <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - Dwell time 5 minutes.
Date:
Fri, 18 Dec 1998 13:56:59 EST
In a message dated 12/18/98 8:08:17 AM Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask]
writes:

> Also on Capitol Square is the NHL Christ Episcopal Church, 1854, by =
>  Richard Upjohn, deliberately retained by the diocese to make an =
>  impression and to lift the state of ecclesiastical architectural affairs =
>  to a higher plane.

Is this the elegant spire built of the brown stone? If so, we were curious of
where the stone came from and if it was local quarried? It is important that I
know if NC has it's own rubble stone supply. I have vowed, since spending
weekends combing LI looking for no stone, to never again move to a geography
that only has stones the size of sand grains. When I lived in Upstate NY I had
stone piles all over the area... little waysides where I had dropped my rocks.
Living on LI you have to go buy a stone... which irritates me no end. The
house can only hold so many rocks and I am worried about the resale value of a
yard filled with imported boulders.

][<en