BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Grace Crane <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 08:31:00 -0400

     The problem is that Alexander Hamilton is alive and well and living in
     the heart of every bean counter. No bean counter should be the
     decision maker. He or she should be a source of information for the
     decision maker, who should - in an ideal world - use other sources of
     information to flesh out the full picture of what needs to be done and
     the way it should be done. But so many are too mentally lazy to do any
     real thniking, so we are left with bean counter having the final say.

Subject: Re: Watching your backside
Author:  "leland torrence" <[log in to unmask]> at internet
Date:    7/27/98 5:57 PM

][en,

We just finished a (paid for) scope of work, spec. and existing condition
report - in that order since that's the way Yale likes it on a mini mansion.
Existing: Asphalt atop slate atop cedar shingles.  The exposed sheathing was
fastened mostly to the slate.  We bid out and got a rip and new slate and
repaired copper gutter for a price of $54,000 they re-bid it and got the job
they opted for: asphalt, lapped valleys, GS ice and water no valley flashing
and no gutters and no chimney work, no flashing or crickets and they  are
saving 20K -  Go Yale!  Boola Boola.

Bean counters watch the top side,

Leland