BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS Archives

BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
George Kramer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
BP - His DNA is this long.
Date:
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 06:37:58 -0700
At 08:17 AM 7/28/98 -0400, grace crane wrote:

>     ..... I  related that when I got through talking I had just looked at
him for a
>     few minutes, whereupon he started to hurridely do what I had said to
>     do. My daughter said I must have given him the "mother look". It seems
>     that those of us who have raised kids have a way of looking at them to
>     indicate displeasure that makes them jump to. I had not thought of it,
>     but she was right. I do use it but was not aware I did. I know it
>     saves talking a lot and does get the job done right - most of the
>     time.

From a previous life (don't ask) this sounds like an infamous sales
technique in which, after you ask for the order....you don't say ANYTHING.
You just look expectantly at the buyer and sooner or later they will have
to say or do something if you don't .......nature abhors a vacuum etc.  It
usually worked, as I recall....

George Kramer, M.S.
Historic Preservation Consultant
Ashland, Oregon