RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 12:06:50 -0700
Hi Ryan & All,

Qi-Gong ("qi" is pronounced "chee" as in cheese) is a type of Chinese exercise
for cultivating internal energy, mainly slow movements, all weight-bearing
movements, including movement of arms, legs, head, eyes; and it is coupled with
specific breathing.

XXX Ryan Love XXX wrote:

> Just wondering if one of you could explain a little more about
> what qi-gong is it sounds very interesting

The theory is based on the Taoist philosophy that life is comprised of energy,
that all life exists here because it contains a type of energy that in Chinese
language is "qi".  When taught and done properly, qi gong causes the internal
energy in one's body to balance itself, replenish itself, so that ailments heal.
People who have been diagnosed with terminal diseases have recovered mainly with
the daily practice of Qi-Gong combined with other complementary natural
therapies.  An excellent acupuncturist will practice qi-gong to complement his or
her acupuncture technique.  For healthy and well people, it is a way of staying
well with high energy.

Qi-Gong exercise was secret for many years in China due to a number of reasons,
some of which were politcal oppression over a number of centuries.  This has
fortunately ceased for the moment, and a few teachers have immigrated to make new
lives overseas.  I have been trained by a number of such teachers.

As adults, we should normally primarly obtain and replenish our energy from fresh
foods and other normal activity such as exposure to sunlight, routine exercise,
and fresh air.  Raw foods are more plentiful in vital energy than most cooked
foods and certainly more so than processed foods.  So according to these ideas,
we eat to absorb the life energy from foods, and so, the foods we eat should be
fresh.  However, due to the stresses of modern day life and problems with foods
that are lacking in vital energy (due to processing, cooking etc), food often no
longer replenishes energy as it should.

Regards

Roberta