RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Roberta J. Leong, LAc" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 26 Jun 1998 06:04:36 -0700
Hi Lucia,

Congrats on learning Qi-Gong!

Lucia Wright wrote:

> after detoxing for nine months, I still was getting severe headaches that
> emerged any time during my period and lasted several days. they finally
> went away last month after learning Chi Qong. Powerful stuff. I was sick
> for a week, with my sinuses draining constantly and then I noticed I had
> no headache that month. I hope it is a permanent change!

I believe qi-gong is the single most important and useful self-help
exercise one can learn to improve health, as its purpose is to cultivate
internal energy.  I have taught qi-gong to my clients for quite a few
years.  The ones who continue to practice it have had "miraculous"
healing incidents.  I take a class every few years too.  The problem is
that most areas do not have good teachers who are well trained.

I have also experienced and seen reactions with qi-gong.  One time when
I took a class, my eyes started tearing uncontrollably during class for
many hours, as if I were weeping, but I had no emotional release.
Aftwards I was quite tired and felt something like sick energy had come
out of my body during that process.  In response to your hope that it is
a "permanant change" you probably be like most I've observed, and will
be headache-free until (1) you do something that your body doesn't like
(eat toxic food, not eat enough of nutrients you need, not sleep enough,
or get into a high stress situation, etc) or (2) you don't continue to
do qi-gong routinely enough to completely restore your body's energetic
balance.

I always encourage my patients with chronic problems to learn qi-gong,
and practice it daily, as it speeds up all types of healing.  But it is
very alien to american culture, as the entire basis is cultivation of
one's own physical energy, rather than relying on a special external
factor such as physical treatment, or a special supplement/drug or a
food.  Good luck with your continued qi-gong studies.

regards
roberta