From:
Jun Qian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 3 Sep 1998 23:36:03 +1000
Hi Lance,

> First, it wouldn't recongnize the 4.2 gig drive,
> even when I tried auto-detecting it so I plugged
> in a 540 that I had sitting around and it picked
> up on it without a problem. I formatted the drive
> and installed Win95 OSR2 on it.

would it detect 4.2G HDD after dios update?  I think it should pick it up.

> Second, the serial mouse locks up, either in
> the 25 or 9 pin plugs. The mice work fine on my
> other systems.  I ran The Troubleshooter, a
> diagnostic util that I have and it saw both ports
> without a problem.  Win95 sees the ports also,
> even loading the DOS driver for the mouse said
> that it should be there, but the mouse doesn't
> work.

If your mice are not standard serial mice, you may need driver for win95. DOS driver sounds not work with OSR2.  if they are standard mice,
well the only thing i can think is the COM port itself.

                                  -----
       **Need help with PCBUILD mailing list? Send an Email to:**