RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Dr. Jerry Knox BA, DC" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 19 Jun 1998 13:24:52 EDT
<<
 You are a true inspiration but note that B12 deficiency often takes many
 years to develop.

thanks for your comments, and I don't have my text available at the moment,
they are in storage, but breifly, I remember the B12 stores for up to 6
months, not years. I cant verify this at the moment, but even if it was a
year, It would not explain why there  are those of us who use no
supplementation, eat no animal products and have no signs of any deficiencies
after more than 5 years in my case, and many decades in others. The kicker is
the antibiotics and other factors, if a vegan takes these, has an absorption
problem or contitions which cause them to not have B12 absorbed or made in
their colons, then certainly they need to do supplementation. And by all
means, if you feel the need to use supplements of B12, or are not sure, taking
it is ok, even important.

Jerry