RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Nieft / Secola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Oct 1998 19:12:35 -1000
Roger,

>I'm very curious as to how Aajonus has failed you.  Was it that you received
>no health benefit from the book (which is possible, no one approach is
>good for everyone) or has Aajonus not met your scientific tests in some
>way (meaning you think he's ALL hot air)?

He has been less than forthcoming with support for his claims, which right
there is pretty bad on my personal list of gripes. (Check the archives.)
His recommendations, from berry mold to the mutations of red yellow and
purple-with-orange-polkadot foods, are apparently just made up from
scratch. He got quite defensive about an ambivilent review I wrote of his
book. He meets no scientific tests, mine or any others. Do I think he's all
hot air? Well, I suspect he does a lot better on RAF than he did as a
fruitarian, but that isn't exactly earthshattering stuff. I think 95% of
his theoretical explanations are either silly, arbitrary, or
preposterous--or all three. He's got the guru stuff down pretty well and
his "followers" insure that he will never be pressured to validate his
proclamations.

>The benefits I received from the diet were very individual.  Raw meat has
>worked for me for over 10 years on and off (I do not eat exclusively raw,
>but that's just ME).  I do not agree with the "cooked starch" information in
>the book at all!  This doesn't work for ME.  I keep emphasizing the
>individual because diet is such a personal thing.  I do not think Aajonus is
>the next messiah, he's just someone with SOME very interesting ideas that
>seem to work extremely well  for SOME people including me.

Which ideas I wonder? That RAF is good? (for some people ;)) OK, that's a
paragraph or two. What else?

>Kirt, you're absolutely right to question the 95% cancer remission figure.
>I'm very skeptical about this myself, but I am open minded.

But open minded lets him continue to talk without any expectation of rigor.
If Aajonus's "supporters" were truly interested in spreading the word about
RAF, one imagines that _they_ would be the ones demanding some integrity
from the fellow--in order that the idea wouldn't be championed by someone
with no apparent concern to provide support for his talk.

>In terms of my uncle he was NOT a raw fooder.  His ideas probably would meet
>with a lot of skepticism on this list, he liked to COOK food sometimes ;).
>Sorry I used the dreaded "C" word ;)

Lots of folks on thise list eat some cooked food. Including me. Again, you
would probaby enjoy reading some of this lists history in the archives...

Cheers,
Kirt

Secola  /\  Nieft