RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 10:32:53 -1000
Fruitarianism is a failure because it is far beyond the range of
> > diets that we are adapted to by evolution (and the claims of certain
> > fruitarian advocates that we evolved as fruitarians, are nothing more
> > than bogus crank science).

this statement to me takes little logical thinking to find flawed, since even
modern cultures are consuming fruit in their s.a.d. diets. that proves to me
that fruit has been a part of diet for a long time. i guess the question is
then, at what crucial percent of consumption of fruit does it begin to become
a problem in our health. at about 70% for about 10 years now and after
numerous other long term diet experiments i have yet to find a more optimum
diet.

i understand the argument that primitive man and woman ate a more omnivore
diet and that makes sense to me, i'm just curious in the investigation of
refinement and/or evolution in diet what pathways might be available. i
suspect it may be in physical terms a matter of getting a certain percent of
minerals. if we can find those essential minerals in a diverse variety of
fruits , (and i don't see why we can't) then i don't see a major problem in
finding an example in the not too distant future. actually i suspect there
could be some fruitairians around today who could challenge other diet
preferences in their age group in a holistic natural health olympics.

i agree with you, i doubt we evolved from 100% fruitarian heritage, but
checking out the lemur and primate world displays so many different diet
approaches that i suspect it may be more a matter of adapting to the foods
available in the niche they live, and the mineral balance than percentages of
fruit, meat, insects, leaves, roots, etc. maybe we instinctively gravitate to
the right mineral balance when we live naturally. the red panda for example
according to some scientists was once predominantly a carnivore and over time,
due to changing habitat evolved to be somewhere around 95% bamboo leaves only
with an occasional rodent or insect. to suvive on it's limited diet it has to
eat almost 24 hours a day.

 tho it sounds far fetched, i wouldn't rule out the possible alien connection
in the scheme of things, did all this diverse life on earth evolve from some
prymordial goop or could some fruitairian aliens have stopped by and planted
fruit trees on their way to the plieades? :-)

now when we add the concept of compassion, love, spirituality, etc. to the
human evolution, some of us question how we might expand compassion to include
more of life and nature and that brings up the question, can we eat healthy
and kill less and feel better? from my somewhat limited experience i think
that's possible and have been plodding along down that trail of pitfalls for
awhile now, and i keep gettin the same message, find a bonded family and stop
piggin out so much.....well i'm startin to ramble abit quess i'm outa
here...........raw, raw, aloha.....forest