RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Liza May <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 11 Oct 1998 15:32:48 -0400
Okay Kirtofski - Big Time Grooossss-Outs Happening At This End -

> And as I've mentioned many times: bee larvae are my insect of choice.

That is GROSS. Although I think I in fact have eaten those - trying to
not think about it too much - as I've chomped through honey comb.
Somehow the honey and the chewiness of the comb mask the grossness of
eating bee larvae.

> quite comparable to the buttery
> stuff in the lobster head.

UUUCCHHHH!! Now THAT is disgustingh. WHAT buttery stuff in their head? I
have only eaten a lobster twice in my life, and I couldn't enjoy it
because to me it looks like an insect on steroids, or an insect in an
old Japanese mega-monster horror flick - just WAAAAAYY too insect-y. And
I CERTAINLY didn't eat any liquidy stuff in the head. YUK.

>Which reminds me, eating a raw lobster or crab
> is probably a far more deeply gross out type of thing for most folks

I've eaten raw crabs, and raw 'oysters-on-the-half-shell' both of the
above in Boston in fresh sea-food bars or down at the pier, etc. I think
lots of people (well maybe not lots but some) do that - dousing it first
in cocktail sauce (which I think is horseradish mixed with ketchup). We
used to just squeeze lemon on them (that's a common thing too).

> than the
> quick flutter of a live grasshopper in your mouth

FLUTTER??? F-L-U-T-T-E-R?? Now THAT is gross. Fluttering is definatley
GROSS.

> before you "expose the
> flavorful juices".

OOOHHHH KIRT!!! PA - LEASE!!! Fluttering followed by juices squirting
out? Man, that's IT for me. I'm never eating anything - ANYTHING -
again. Ever. Fluttering or otherwise. UUUUccchhh.

Love (I think) Liza

[log in to unmask] (Liza May)