From:
Katie Bretsch <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 1998 21:46:00 -0700

>I wonder if others find that eating nuts causes weight gain.

Doesn't seem to be for me.  I've only been working at this for a short
time; but one of the first things I did was use hazelnuts or almonds
(raw, organic) and dried fruit to replace the rice, rice cakes and
crackers I was using for snacks and taking along when I can't eat what
others are eating.   Rice was the only grain I was still eating. (Haven't
quite got rid of it completely, but 90% and falling.)  Eating lots of
nuts, and weight is going down, if anything.

Most interesting:  have realized that grains were displacing all those
greens and roots  I always thought I should be eating, but wasn't.