From:
Rick Strong <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 22 Apr 1998 21:53:44 -0400
Todd Moody wrote:

> On Wed, 22 Apr 1998, EllaLane wrote:
>
> > My point is that this is a forum to support a way of eating as outlined in Ray
> > Audette's book, Neanderthin.
>
> This may have changed, but when I signed onto this list -- and I
> think I was among the first to do so --

  Todd,  I enjoy your posts on this list to the utmost;  they are reasoned,
informative and helpful for any reader seeking to program a diet in a reasoned way;
I also think Neanderthiin is excellent as an introduction to the topic but it is
indeed a thin book and this subject is broad and  incredibly fascinating;  I hope
Ray Audette does a followup! I have read the archives on the paleodiet list as well
and was thrilled to find this list as I was particularly intrigued by posts by Art
De Vane,  Loren Cordain,  and several others.  If the subject matter of this list is
restricted in a manner that discourages participants from free flowing dialogue,
everyone loses;  If the book is the beginning and the end of the quest, why have a
list.  This is an incridbly fascinating  subject and all pursuing it should find
lively debate a source of inspiration.  For the most part,  this list seems full of
encouragement;  it would disturb me if I thought that the list participants have
closed their minds to the research going on re paleo diet.  I am new to the list
and am glad to hear that there are many here who have solved health problems with
the diet;  that should be prime and superceding motivation to continue without
interpreting debate as an attempt to subvert the list. Frankly,  I have seen some
posts which I would describe as silly but that's what the delete key is for.
RickStrong [log in to unmask]