From:
Don Purser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Feb 1998 15:10:17 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Dennis Thiel <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Friday, February 13, 1998 10:19 PM
Subject: Mobo Upgrade Woes

>After installing the new board and chip and configuring the bios I got
>several errors when Win95 started to boot. It locked up several times,
>got a "Bad or missing vmm32.vxd, Windows cannot continue" message. It
>wouldn't even boot in Safe Mode. After several attempts I finally
>resolved myself to a full reinstall. I reformatted and ran setup about a
>million times and it locks up when detecting hardware, suwin causes
>general protection faults, exception errors, etc.

I had these kinds of problems re-installing Win95 on a different PC (486-66
Acer).  It turned out to be bad memory chips.  I could install and run Win
3.1 but I could never get all the way through Win95 installation.

Verify at least 16MB of good memory and install with just that.

Don Purser

          PCBUILD:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]