From:
"John C. Pavao" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 15:37:54 -0500
I've convinced more than one person that I was a conspiracy theorist with
some of the things I've said about the food, medicine, and pharmaceutical
industries on this list and the old lowcarb list, but Dufty makes me sound
like a babe in the woods!  There are things in that book that even I don't
want to believe.  However, if you suspend your disbelief and read it as
though it could at least all be true, it's a real eye-opener.  And the more
you think about it, the more it all makes sense.  And the more you realize
it all makes sense, the more you realize exactly what's going on around us.
 It's very sobering.  If I walked up to you and stabbed you to death, I'd
go to jail, or maybe the chair.  But when it's done for profit, and slowly
through diet, not only is it allowed, but supported by the government.  We
have seatbelt laws, gun control laws, drug and alcohol laws, and every
other possible ridiculous law conceivable to protect us from ourselves, but
as long as we poison ourselves to death slowly enough for someone to make
money off us on the way, no problem.  Grab another slice of white bread and
peanut butter and jelly and have a energy-filled and nutritious sandwich!
 (I have a younger friend whom I've known for about 8 years.  When I met
him, he was young and fit.  Yesterday, I was at his house.  He's not
overweight to look at him.  But I noticed something else.  He looked
"unhealthy".  Bloated and puffy in the face, older than his late twenties.
 He eats mostly pasta because he's part Italian, he figures it's good for
him and drinks mostly beer.  He doesn't believe what I tell him about diet
because it goes against everything he "knows" is true.  I'm 5 or 6 years
older and I know I look healthier than him now, and I'm still overweight!)

The bottom line is (no pun intended), no one really cares about your health
besides you (and your loved ones).  Do not trust medicine, food companies,
or drug companies, all of whom stand to profit from your diet-induced
illness.  Think things through and do what makes real sense, not what
others think makes sense; most of them have never thought these things
through and are practicing the dietary equivalent of religion.

Having said this, I'm sure that there are conscientious, caring individuals
employed in the fields I just mentioned.  This is not to attack them, but
those industries in general.  As for the good people in these bad
industries, thank goodness for them; imagine how much worse things would be
without them!

Take care,
John Pavao
Incidently John, I read Sugar Blues by William Dufty. Thanks! Definitely a
must read!  It explains the conspiracy between the State, Sugar Industry
(and flour industry) and Medical Industry to keep us sick; all sanctioned
by the Church. Very good from a historical perspective too.

It points out that beriberi is caused by refined rice, pellegra by refined
grains and corn and scurvey by refined sugar. We (not us, but people not
paleo) are all merely suffering different degrees of all these diseases.