From:
Susan Carmack <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Mar 1998 11:14:50 -0800
Hi Everyone

>   I like the salmon too and I too wonder what the diff tween red and
>pink. In fresh salmon red is more ezpensive.

The Red most highly esteemed salmon is Sockeye and the pink is called
Spring, Chinook and Chum. There is Coho too. All BC kids learn this is
grade 5 since Fishing is/was one of the main industries here. Sockeye makes
the best sashimi and is the best tasting. I have a photo of me next to a 66
pound salmon when I worked at River's Inlet, BC years ago. We lived on
smoked salmon that summer. Yum!

I made some delicious Pemmican last night with Ground Venison and Omega
Coconut Butter. It was about $ 4.00 for approx one good sized patty but
well worth it. I spread the ground meat out on the plastic tray made for
fruit rollups. I think I can assimilate venison better than beef! And
coconut better than suet! I have to freeze the pemmican so I won't eat it
all at once. I love it!

Incidently John, I read Sugar Blues by William Dufty. Thanks! Definitely a
must read!  It explains the conspiracy between the State, Sugar Industry
(and flour industry) and Medical Industry to keep us sick; all sanctioned
by the Church. Very good from a historical perspective too.

It points out that beriberi is caused by refined rice, pellegra by refined
grains and corn and scurvey by refined sugar. We (not us, but people not
paleo) are all merely suffering different degrees of all these diseases.

I found my copy at a used book store.
Paleolove,
Susan