RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jo Yoshida <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 21 Mar 1998 23:43:54 -0700
Hi Richard,

>ive done some reading - ive done some experimenting - i find myself full
>of mucus, i have a runny nose after eating certain foods and in the
>morning all i have is water for about the first hr or two
>(i no longer eat 2 - 3 hrs before going to bed and try to fast for a full
>12 - 14 hrs from nite to morning / if you call them mini-fasts)

What are you ingesting these days? And how long has it been since you made
a significant change in your diet? Do you suspect these foods to be the
cause of your discharge of mucous?

>what is the best way, while i work and go about my days, to detox and get
>rid of this runny nose of mine and the mucus that comes up during the
>day?

Allow the detox to run its course and take along a lot of Kleenex. I know,
patience, patience. But better to do it now rather than retain all the crap
and occasion chronic damage. Take it easy, get LOTS of rest and sleep. Try
not to resort to palliatives such as anti-histamine sprays, decongestants,
etc. These would only prolong the housecleaning.

>i dont have the time right now to be taking off and fasting - so what is
>a gradual (it doesnt matter to me if it takes a bit longer, i just want
>to do it) way to clean my system out/up?

No problem. Keep eating, eat light. Grab as much rest and sleep when your
work responsibilities let up. Continue reading and experimenting, evaluate
healthful practices and implement them as you become strong enough.

Pretty general stuff; please feel free to be more specific with your queries.

Love and Abundant Health,
Jo