RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Walter Semerenko <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 06:03:00 +0000
I have used miso to make soups.  What I'm concerned about is that I don't
want to kill the enzymes in the miso, so what I do to make a quick soup is I
micowave a bowl of water and then add the miso to the warm *not hot* water.
I just think that is logical if enzymes are destroyed in around 110 degrees F.

Does anybody know any other interesting uses of miso?  I like it a lot, but
it is high in salt.  I haven't been able to find a low sodium miso.  Does
the salt preserve the enzymes and bacteria?

Walter.