RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 6 Mar 1998 12:44:57 +0000
Hi all,

got the rest of the messages about honey much later than the first ones,
so bear with me - here's another post about honey.

Kirt:
>I am also not sure that the stop for any food isn't a signal that it
>has already been OVEReaten. For instance, I and others, have
>experienced great attraction to honey in my early weeks of instincto,
>eating a pound (and sometimes more) of comb honey no problem. Then
>after a time, the attraction wears off and one rarely has a taste for
>honey in more than small amounts. Instinctos claim the need has been
>satisfied, that the early quantities were needed for detox. But, I
>wonder, might the decreasing attraction for honey correlate with an
>overburdened metabolism which has been saturated with more honey than
>it can handle. Might the "instinctive stop" be more of an emergency
>measure to prevent continuing sugar metabolism problems?

I also ate lots of honey in the beginning but also had big big needs
some months afterwards.
If I had overburdened my body I think that must have been handled in
the meantime. Still my need of honey (more than two years after the
last phase of eating much of it) is very low.

If the instinctive stop comes too late one could never reach balance,
if one always goes on until the stop. :-\
But there is a second reason to stop: when you feel so satisfied that
you stop on your own without experiencing a taste change etc.
I wonder if an instincto always eating until the stop comes will be
unbalanced? But I would call it non-instinctive to go on even if you
feel so satisfied that you don't want to.

Liza, if you are    s u r e    that your honey is not heated over 104F
   a n d   the bees were not fed artificial sugar or other substitutes
during winter, then go on. In this case you need it. How about making
a mono-meal with honey?

Found the spotted-banana-theory very interesting and will try to find
out about it. Kirt, thanks for it - very nice and positive!

Still sweet regards (dark ones perhaps? ;-)),

Stefan
E-Mail: [log in to unmask]