RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
LIFE F0RCE <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 11 Mar 1998 10:51:55 EST
Liza:
<<  <until now I have never gotten a single word of acknowledgement>

Pet:
 >I've noted your ideas, but tend to forget that nods and mm-hmms don't
 >show here.

Kirt:
 She's exaggerating anyway--I sent her, as I remember it, a _single_ word of
 acknowledgement ;) >>

Thanks to both of you.  I'm embarassed - this really came out sounding like
fishing for compliments, which is not what I meant it to sound like! (what is
the cyber-icon for a red embarassed face?).

What I meant to convey was that until the responses to the "Snake Oil" post, I
had not heard from anyone on jr's list saying that they agreed or disagreed
with any of my repeated comments about: the importance of critical analysis,
considering the source, scientific rigour and bias, there being no one "right"
diet, cultural differences, spacey nonsense, respecting and making use of the
the mainstream scientific and medical communities, etc.  The only response I
got was a little flak now and then  (in retrospect mostly all from one
person).  I figured people weren't interested in exchange of real information
about diet, but were there for other reasons that were eluding me (turns out
the 12-step support-group vibe was not my imagination).

Anyway - thanks again for the "acknowledgements!!'  They are always wonderful!

Love, Liza