RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 19 Jul 1997 14:07:29 -0400
Thanks again for your input on this, Tom.

Regarding what Walter wrote - There is much more to sprouting than you may
be aware of.  I read that the process can easily double or triple, or
increase even further, any or all of the vitamins and minerals present
in the grain/seed.  There is plenty of documentation with the actual figures.

I have a few more questions for anyone who might care to answer.
As far as the long, greened sprouts go - say, wheat or sunflower - does
one consume the seeds/grains as well (take them out of the earth)?  Which
seeds/grains will grow again if cut only above the ground?
Also, I haven't tried anything other than sunflower and wheat so far, are
there other things worth growing for their greens?  How are wheat greens
best consumed, I don't suppose they are easy to digest in any form
other than their juice.

Final question - how popular might juicers and or blenders be among
raw-fooders?  And, are there any obvious drawbacks or advantages to using
either one?

Thanks.