From:
Caroline Albanese <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jul 1997 22:06:33 -0500
I gotta admit.  Paul Getty makes a good point about animals killing for
sport.  I have cats, and feed them regularly, yet I find multiple dead
snakes on my porch, uneaten.

I know..totally off the subject, but I can't help but add my two cents
about human nature, and what separates us from the animals.  I think
that fundamentally, we are not more good or evil than the animals, it's
just that whatever we do, because of the higher learning and developed
cerebrum, we do it MORE SO.  True, we have more murder, rape, child
abuse...but we also have caring for our elderly and sick, supporting
those who cannot help themselves, a concept of love and loyalty.   We
place flowers on the graves of our dead...a practice, I might add, dates
back as far as Neanderthal Man. Whatever we experience or do, it's just
intensified.

Caroline