RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 25 Aug 1997 17:27:09 -0400
Hello everyone.  I had a discussion with a local farmer today on the use
of chemicals in the products he grows.  He claims that without them, he
could not make a living out of it because the products would not grow
enough and would not be attractive (he claims that he has not seen enough
proof as of yet regarding the "health" aspects of this).  So I asked him
what he thought of organic products; he laughed and said that there is no
such thing anymore today.

I am far from an expert on how fruits and vegetables are or should be
grown, but I put the so-called "local" or "in-season" produce that he was
selling in he same basket as what one normally buys in the off-season
(imports).  To me, the only class that is apart from these is that of organic
products.  But I am not sure exactly why anymore. Can someone explain the
meaning of organic-quality as opposed to that of say, local or in-season
one?