NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 27 Aug 1997 23:41:28 -0600
At 04:13 PM 8/27/97 -0700, Daniel A. Twogood, D.C. wrote:
>Jaye Reed-Hare wrote:
>>(snip)
>> Do you think that
>> the change in hormonal level could be the cause or a contributing factor to
>> my intolerance to dairy?
>>
>> Jaye
>
>Yep. The hormonal changes of puberty and menopause can also cause
>sensitivities to develop. Many women have cravings around that special
>time of month, usually for reactive substances like chocolate. I've
>treated women who react to dairy and/or chocolate only at that time.

During some of these times of hormona flux, there is increased intestinal
permeability. Post partum, early in pregnancy, and a couple of
premenopausal days are associated with increased permeability. This allows
partly digested food partices into the blood. They can be psychoactive
peptides from gluten and casein, or other proteins that cause other immune
a function of our relatively new practices of consuming the milk of another
species, and as adults, as well as consuming cereal grains on a daily basis,
are causing the mood swings.

This is an interesting thread. I look forward to reading more posts.

Best Wishes,
Ron Hoggan