NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lady Ariel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Aug 1997 08:23:00 -0500
Hi Everyone,
        I was wondering if anyone on the list has developed lactose
intolerance (I'm guessing that's my problem).  I'm in my late 20's and it
seems that such a thing would show up sooner than now.  I know that the
problem is with milk and milk products.  When I was little, I used to
drink alot of milk, and I've been having my share of milk and ice cream
once I grew up too.  All this started maybe 6 months ago.  I'd drink a
glass of milk and feel kind of queasy.  Now it's escalated to the point
where about 6 weeks ago I went to Don Pablo's and ordered the chicken
enchiladas which have "sour cream sauce" on them.  They tasted great, but
whoa, it wasn't more than 1/2 later I was sprinting for a ladies room
*Ugh*.  And then last week I went on vacation and wasn't really thinking
much about it and had ice cream, same problem. Not good.  Anyhow, cheese
doesn't seem to bother me, I've had my share of pizza.  Any ideas?  I
guess I should be buying some lactaid or something.  Does it work?

Thanks,
        Ariel