RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 18 Aug 1997 21:08:04 -0400
From:
Dariusz ROZYCKI <[log in to unmask]>
Jean-Louis:
> There are some controversies about dried fruits. Some dried fruits
> can be found in nature (such as figs or dates), but not many. And
> dried bananas don't exist in nature (I think). However, dried
> fruits eaten in moderation won't harm IF THEY ARE NOT DRIED AT HIGH
> TEMPERATURE. Instinctos generally don't accept fruits dried at a higher
> temperature than 104 F (40 degree C), so sun-dried fruits are NOT
> acceptable. However, I personally eat sun-dried fruits as an occasional
> treat. Be careful that some fruits (like plums) are pasteurized before
> being put into plastic bags.

Yeah well, that about does it for my recent experimenting with some more
of the "wonderful" man-made, packaged, heated or whatever you want to call
it, products.  I thought my instincts would be able to handle a few sweet
and delicious additions to my menu (namely: honey and dried raisins), but
they aren't.  I can sit in front of that jar with raisins and eat and
eat, until there is no more to eat; same applies to the so-called
"all-natural" honey I bought.  Silly me, quite a large jar for $2, I
should have known better than to expect a quality product (mind you, the
raisins do say they're organic; nothing on the heating issue though).
The only thing my instincts can recognize is that bee pollen I bought
(thought I can't seem to take any more of it now - taste, not smell).

In any case, that's pretty much going to do it for my brief encounter
with more, supposedly "natural/organic" man-prepared foods.  If anyone
ever gets his taste buds on anything dried (or any honey) that give you
stops, please let me know.  However crappy I felt the whole day today
because of overeating on honey and raisins this morning, I still think
they're delicious.

> I cannot. Even slightly denatured honey has an instinctive stop.

Hmm... my honey never gave me a stop!  Doesn't THIS mean it's denatured?