From:
George & Gayle Kennedy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Apr 1997 21:41:15 -0400

This is in answer to a request from Bill Elkus.  There seems to be vast
confusion about licorice, because most licorice candy is sold just by the
name licorice.  Candy is one thing, and licorice is something else...the
essence that gives the candy the flavor.

To my knowledge there is only one licorice candy that is gluten free.  I
learned about it last fall from this list.  It is - are you ready for
this...drum roll...  Taaaa Daaaaa:

      Callard and Bowser's Licorice Toffee.

Sold in grocery stores in Ithaca, NY and Gaithersburg, MD, and Albuquerque,
NM.  I can't vouch for the rest of the country.

Enjoy.  Gayle Kennedy