RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 16:12:28 +0000
Hi all,

Jean-Louis:
>It's your right. Maybe other persons on the list would have been=20
>interested, who knows?

If the other members are interested for practical reasons (like Ellie)
I will immediately engage in the discussion again.

But the other members seem to be not interested at all and the same
applies to the discussion about the case of Mr. Burger.

Well, come out of your holes and if it is only to tell Kirt, Jean-Louis
and me, that our discussion is boring you!
For me it's not the level of discussion I would prefer if there are
only two contributors except for myself. We have about 78 members now,
so I expect more.

Concerning your other questions, Jean-Louis, I'm not obliged to answer
them either. Hopefully you have practical reasons for them, so I will
give my two pfennigs here.

There is no rule saying, that you must eat fruits at noon. The menu
plan, which you seem to never have seen (please tell me!) guides you at
noon from fruit to vegetables, then to proteins.
So if fruits aren't attractive at noon you are free to eat vegetables or
even a protein. (I asked if two proteins per day were good. This was
denied because the first protein wouldn't have enough time to digest.)

For the percentage of fruits:
You are always fascinated by the numbers, Jean-Louis, aren't you?
I see the mathematician in nearly every sentence.
Instinctive approach: if you feel you have eaten enough fruits at noon
you might eat some vegetables afterwards. This is also allowed according
to the menu plan.
In the evening I frequently watch, that even the thought to eat fruits
again is disgusting, so there may be limits to your fruit intake.
Perhaps even at noon although I didn't experience that. I heard, that
someone at Montrame ate only vegetables for one month. Was it Fabian?
It was in one issue of the Instincto Magazine.

Anyway, I'm following my instincts, not some percentages in my food. If
my instincts lead me to 80% fruits then I'll accept as long as I don't
watch disadvantages. Also I don't have any problem (anymore, but some-
times I had!) with two meals per day. I don't feel hungry in the morning,
in fact the thought of eating something is mostly awful - I even have
difficulties to eat Cassia. After the noon meal I feel so satisfied,
that I don't need to eat until the evening. So I'm quite happy with the
menu plan and the rules - they finally are meeting my instinctive needs.
(But this wasn't the case for all times.)

Jean-Louis:
>Well, I will open a factory where people work 10 hours/day, 6 days/week,
>with a low salary, no medical insurance. And people are free to go for
>another job... Do you see the flaw?

No. It depends on the market. If there are too much unemployed people you
will get them for nearly any conditions (although fluctuation might be
high when they discover how bad the job really is). If there are too much
jobs offered you won't find any workers for your bad conditions.
Conditions are subject to changes according to the state the worker's
market is in.
In a free market the prices (and other conditions) for rare goods rise
and sink if there are too much goods offered.

Jean-Louis

On 6/3/97 I wrote:
>This raises an old question I have thought about a lot:
>(maybe I'm on the wrong list...)
>It seems that only 5% of all people are going actively through their
>life, trying to live fully self responsible and doing the decisions that
>must be done. And 95% are more or less walking passively through life
>and giving important decisions to others (which doesn't hinder them
>from complaining if the others made bad decisions for them.)

These 95% are also mostly not feeling and acting free. They seem to
act under pressure always.

For me an adult is always free if a minimum of environmental conditions
are fulfilled. The most important one is a democratic state with certain
guarantees for its citizens.
Everything else is on the responsibility of the citizens.

You seem to belong to the 95% since you are believing in people at Orkos
not being free. That's   y o u r   problem.

Free instinctive wishes,

Stefan