RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Judy Pokras <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 1 Aug 1997 15:22:33 +0000
Don Wiss wrote:

>Here's a list with gluten. This is all inclusive and only omits types of
>wheat like durum and semolina. Some included are types of wheat, but are
>included as some people think they aren't wheats.

>Wheat, rye, barley, spelt, faro, triticale, kamut, bulgur, and maybe oats.

Thanks, Don.  I've never heard of faro.  Where do you find it, and what does
it taste (and look) like?

Also, I'd love to get my hands on the West African grain, fonio.  I've tried
unsuccessfully to find some.  No seed companies have any.  A New York Times
article in April 1996 said it's one of the world's best-tasting grains, easy
to grow in even poor soil, and highly nutritious. It seems that some
enterprising company or person could make a lot of money by distributing it
in the U.S. (hint, hint...)

Judy