RAW-FOOD Archives

Raw Food Diet Support List

RAW-FOOD@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Stefan Joest <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 8 Jul 1997 12:43:36 +0000
Hi Jean-Louis and all other combiners,

Jean-Louis:

On 6/12/97 I wrote:
>But then: if you start the next sophisticated discussion about some
>rules, I will perhaps not engage so much, because I know, you won't
>apply the rules anyway. :-)

>By the way: I pay attention to the combinations because I found out,
>that my instincts mislead me often. Bad conditioning. One should have
>learned about food combinations in childhood.

So I will leave the discussion here. Sorry, but your questions seem
to have only theoretical meaning. Useless academic discussion then.

Jean-Louis:
>What do you mean by "artificial"? For me, when a product is qualified
>as "organic", animals are always fed from an organic source. Could you
>explain further? Give details about bee nutrition?

Sorry, I wrote "honey" twice instead of "sugar". But artifical honey
(made from glucose and fructose) is also used in commercial bee farming.
Normal farmers don't care for the quality of the stuff, therefore it
is cooked of course. The honey from those bees is partially cooked also
then.

Jean-Louis:
>You can have slaves, and treat them pretty well (give them a
>comfortable house, high-quality food). And still it would be slavery.

I can't see this here. You are free to go to Montrame to work for Orkos
and you are free to go for another job.

Kirt:
>(German winters are milder than
>Wisconsin's I bet)

Don't know. Our last two winters were extreme. They brought temperatures
well below 0 C (the freezing point) for incredible six months. Not much
time left for the bees to collect their stuff. A normal winter would
have 2..3 months of extreme cold. But it nearly always lasts from the
middle of October to the end of March.

The discussion about Orkos' prices becomes too academic also. Especially
if writers from the U.S. are contributing - they can't order from Orkos
anyway so why make one's head hot?
And all others are free to buy from other sources. Good luck.

Sorry to be sarcastic again, but we had all these discussions in Europe
also and I'm tired to defend and defend again the things I have seen
to be justified for me. Maybe I should write a FAQ about these things.

Best instinctive wishes,

Stefan