From:
Ron Hoggan <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 13 Jul 1997 21:35:01 -0600
Hi Vickie, Mara, and all,
I want to suggest to you that humanity has been exposed to a large portion
of the carcinogens in our environment throughout its evolution. And yet
cancer has only recently become a significant health problem. And that
significance has grown exponentially throughout the Nineteenth and
Twentieth Centuries. It was around before that, but the incidence was
relatively minor, and may have been slower in its progression.

I would suggest to you that carbohydrate loading, especially as derived
from wheat , rye,and barley are at the root of the problem. It is not that
they are carcinogens per se, but they downregulate Natural Killer Cell
activity, which is the body's first line of defence against malignancy.

It is my opinion that we can usually be exposed to carcinogens with
impugnity, if our immune systems are working properly. Hence the huge
increase of incidence of malignancy among those afflicted with autoimmune
diseases, especially celiac disease.

So eat broccoli. But don't eat wheat, rye, or barley. And avoid any foods
derived from them.

Best Wishes,
Ron Hoggan